MA v. MS

Does anyone have an opinion on getting a Master's of Arts or a Master's of Science when it comes to Speech Language Pathology? I'm trying to consider everything as I have to decide on a university to go to soon. One of my options offers a MA and the other a MS. I was wondering if there was really any difference when it comes to pay, credibility, or anything of the like. I personally feel SLP should fall into the MS category - but that is just me. I'd really like to hear your opinions!

Interesting question, and not one I have the answer for.

with grad schools - make sure they're accredited and ASHA certified (not all of them are apparently). My chairperson once told me that some schools take some of the science out - and that's why their offered as MA's, but I don't know if he's saying that just because ours is an MS program or not. :)

I'll have to look back here and see what others say.
i'm in an MS program, but i applied to schools that were technically MS, MA, and MEd. i know i'm not exactly answering your question, but there definitely is quite a variety... oh, and at the hospital where i'm working this semester, the clinicians are all well respected, and they're evenly split between MS and MA.
I've wondered about this too. My understanding is the same as what montanamary said -- MA programs don't require as many science courses. I'm in a posbac program at the Univ of Washington and am starting their Core MS program in the fall. I'll ask our chair and report back. I can't speak to whether there is a difference professionally, but I imagine if you intended to do research it would benefit you to pursue an MS if what's rumored about the science courses is true.
I can speak from experience. It really doesn't matter, no one cares. I've worked in 4 different hospitals during my career, and in each place there is never a discussion over who has an MS or MA. In the hospital where I work now, which is a major hospital for my area, we even have an M.Ed on staff and are considering 3 applicants to fill a position, two of which will have an M.Ed. This is for an inpatient acute position working with trauma patients. Choose an institution that you think will be the best for you, and as long as it's ASHA accredited and has a good variety of practicum, it won't matter. FYI, I happen to have an MS.
Like the previous poster, I've never known anyone to care. Rehab directors were more interested in my experiences than the type of degree I earned. (I have an M.A.)
It definitely does NOT matter in the field, as long as you get your C's from ASHA. Since ASHA has its requirements, I don't get how some programs could offer more or less science... I was under the impression that an MA had an foreign language requirement (which could have been fulfilled by undergrad coursework) and an MS did not have this requirement.
Some of the programs I have looked at have both MS and MA, depending on whether you do a thesis