Choosing a Grad School based on CFY possibilities

I am currently deciding between a few different graduate schools for my speech pathology masters. The more affordable option (my in-state school) is more research based and less clinical. The more costly option has more clinical experience. I hope to eventually work with adults in a hospital setting, how important is it that I do this in my 2-year Master's program? If I chose the more affordable state school which has lots of research opportunity and clinical work with children, but not much with adults, will I still have a shot at a CFY with adults or one that is hospital based?

Thanks in advanced for any wisdom you all may have!
Go with whatever school you feel will "fit" you better.

If the university has an onsite clinic, most of that will likely be pediatric. However, for your off-sites, you can request adult placements. ASHA just says you have to do placements in three different settings. At my graduate program, we did clinic at the University SLP clinic and then we had two offsite placements.

Just make sure you get at least one adult placement and you'll be fine. You should be able to do that at either university.
adult experience
I think you should try to get as much adult experience as possible if you are sure that's the path you want to take. Working in hospitals vs working in schools/with kids are completely different. I had an extra semester of adult experience compared to most of my classmates, and I still graduated feeling like I only had a taste of the medical background I needed to perform my job well.

I would contact the schools and find out how hard it is to get adult placements. You could even ask if there's a way for you to contact a former student to get the inside scoop.

There are plenty of CFY jobs working with adults in SNFs, but very few in hospitals, especially if you aren't open to moving to another state. Almost everyone from my graduating class who is now working in a hospital got the job through their off-campus placement in grad school. I wish someone had told me during grad school how hard it would be to actually get a job in a hospital right out of school.

It is particularly hard to find work with adults in an outpatient setting, which is the type of experience you'd get if you only had on-campus adult experience. Working in an inpatient/acute hospital setting requires completely different skills and those jobs are easier to come by than outpatient. Ideally, you should get some real hospital experience before graduating if you want to make yourself attractive to employers and feel confident going into your first job.
Both schools should provide the minimum requirements to work in an adult setting. However, I would go with the clinically based school even if it is a little more expensive. I say this because I feel that a large part of my clinical abilities came from actual experience in the field. And even though I did my externship in an outpatient rehab setting with adults, I still feel I have so much to learn when it comes to working with adults. I just completed my CF at a nursing home and the learning never ends. For me everything just came together when I began to see different types of disorders in different patients. I think the more experience going in to your CF the better, not only for potential employers but for your own comfort level when you begin practicing at your first job. Good luck!