I am trying to find a professional who works with children with hearing loss for an "interview" I am doing in one of my classes. This person needs to work primarily with children with hearing loss; not just in a support capacity. I have a few questions that I need to get answers to. I will take your answers and, combined with my own research, will write a paper on the topic. I will go ahead and post the questions so you can see what I'm looking for beforehand. Please write me if you're willing/interested in answering these!
1. What is your role in working with children with hearing loss, or more specifically, what are your duties that involve children with hearing loss?
2. When you work with children who have hearing loss, what are the two or three consequences or effects of the hearing loss that you think have the biggest impact on the child’s life?
3. Do you think that children with hearing loss are being adequately served in the area where you work?
4. What kinds of things would you like to see happen differently for children with hearing loss where you work?
5. If you are familiar with the speech and language services that children with hearing loss receive in your school or community, do you think that these services are meeting the needs of the students? Why do you think this?
6. If you are aware of the hearing related services that children with hearing loss are receiving in the schools or community where you are, do you think that these services are meeting the needs of the students? Why do you think this?
7. Do you have anything that you would like to see done differently by people who work with kids with hearing loss? (e.g. programs, funding, devices, etc..)